In the News Project
By using the information available in the databases, you eliminate the need to evaluate your sources. That's good!
However, if you decide to use other websites, you must check each one for accuracy, authority, and currency.
- More info and passwords for Destiny, ABC-Clio and Encyclopedia Britanica can be found on the ONLINE RESOURES page.
Use these sources to determine the current state of your country or to find additional current events.
Works Cited page
NoodleTools is a web-based student research service that helps you correctly cite sources in MLA, APA, and Chicago/Turabian citation styles. Use NoodleTools throughout a research project to track your sources, take notes, create outlines, collaborate with classmates, and format and print your bibliography.
- **To find tutorials or additional help using NoodelTools, students can come by the media center or visit the NoodleTools YouTube channel (YouTube is not accessible from school).
NoodleTools will assist you when it is time to create your works cited page. If you wish to create your works cited on your own, refer to this sample Works Cited page by Purdue University as a visual aide.
Here are some basic rules to follow:
- - Begin your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your report.
- - Label the page Works Cited (do not italicize the words Works Cited or put them in quotation marks) and center the words Works Cited at the top of the page.
- - Double space all citations, but do not skip spaces between entries.
Indent the second and subsequent lines of citations five spaces so that you create a hanging indent.
- - Works should be arranged alphabetically by author -- or title if no author appears in the entry.
- - Abbreviate the names of all months except May, June and July.